PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma)
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment: A Secret to Youthful Skin
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment, also called “Vampire Facial", is a popular treatment that uses the body’s own natural regenerative properties to tighten, tone, and repair the skin’s appearance and elasticity. This scientifically-proven method is done by taking a sample of your own blood plasma that is rich in collagen-boosting platelets and is re-injected into the skin, resulting in enhanced firmness and the ability to produce new skin cells.
For the purpose of treating signs of aging on your skin, you will expect the following steps to be taken:
- You will have a small amount of blood drawn from your arm.
- The test tube containing your blood would be placed in a medical device called a centrifuge. Using this device, the blood is separated into layers, with one of the layers containing a high concentration of platelets.
- Reinjecting the blood that contains a high concentration of platelets into your face, scalp, and other treatment areas
The small skin injections or micro-needling create a small opening or "wound" that triggers inflammation, increasing the concentration of platelets in the area. This leads to the healing of the injection site and surrounding tissue, which results in new, healthier skin cells being generated.
What to expect during the treatment?
A topical numbing cream is applied to the treatment area first. We will arrange for you to come in a little earlier so that this cream has time for the anesthetic effects to take effect. Depending on the area to be treated, we will take a volume of blood just as you would if you were going for a blood test.
This sample is then placed in a centrifuge to separate the components of your blood apart so that we can use the plasma and platelets.
The high-concentrated platelets are then infused via micro-needling all over the face and injected directly into areas of concern where they can stimulate collagen production and the natural repair process.
What are the benefits of PRP treatment?
- Lightens dark circles around the eyes
- Boosts collagen levels in the dermis and tighten and firm the sagging skin
- Combats visible signs of aging
- Hair restoration
- Wrinkled, dull, or dry skin
- Premature Hair Loss and Thinning Hair
- Scar Tissue
- Dark Circles
Is PRP Treatment Safe?
While PRP treatment is safe for most people, there are medical conditions that may affect the platelets, making them fail to deliver the expected results. PRP is not recommended for anyone who has any of these medical conditions:
- Hepatitis C
- HIV or AIDS
- Any type of blood cancer
- Cardiovascular disease that requires taking a blood thinner
- Skin cancer
Typically, it takes 24 to 48 hours to allow for any redness, swelling, and tenderness to subside. Don’t panic if you notice all these responses. They are normal and can be resolved quickly and spontaneously. Likewise, bruising in the treated area is also common, which will eventually clear completely in 1 to 10 days. Any visible bruises can be concealed with natural mineral makeup. After the initial 24 to 48 hours post-treatment, it is then tolerable to resume all normal activities.
|Full Face (aka Vampire Facial)||why pay $900|
|Under eyes||why pay $1000|
|Hair restoration||why pay $1000|