We recommend following all after care and pre-treatment instructions carefully to ensure your results remain on track.
Should you have any further questions or any concerns please do not hesitate to contact the clinic by phone or email (if emailing feel free to attach any photos you feel relevant).
Phone 5562 5477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PRP / SKIN NEEDLING | PEELS | BB GLOW | FAT FREEZING | HIFU | MONO THREADS | IV INFUSIONS | SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
PRP / SKIN NEEDLING
Please take the time to carefully read your post-treatment instructions below.
- Avoid any heat-inducing activities for 24 hours.
- Do not perform strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid pressure on the area for 48 hours (i.e. avoid face-down massages).
- Do not massage the treatment area unless instructed to do so.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours.
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHAs, retinol, vitamin C) for 24 hours.
- Do not apply oil-based makeup for 24 hours.
- Use a topical treatment to soothe the skin such as Paw Paw.
- Avoid facial treatments for 2 weeks (including facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, HydraFacial, IPL or laser)
- Avoid blood thinning medication such as Aspirin & Ibuprofen for 7 days (unless medically necessary)
You can also expect:
The listed below are all normal side effects and should self-resolve within a few days.
- Swelling, significant in some cases
There may be swelling in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injections and will generally disappear within a few days. PRP to the eyes can cause significant swelling due to the volume of PRP injected, this is normal.
If symptoms persist for over 7 days or other reactions occur, please contact the clinic. Swelling may appear asymmetrical, this is normal.
- Apply a cool compress to the area for 10 minutes every hour on treatment day.
- Take an antihistamine (e.g. 10mg loratadine)
- Try sleeping on your back, slightly elevated, to prevent pressure build-up on the face
Bruising is a common and expected side effect with any injectable treatment. Bruising is not due to poor technique and will not alter the result of your treatment. To reduce bruising, it is important to adhere to the aftercare regime.
- Avoid any medications containing NSAIDs, aspirin, vitamin E and ginseng for the week prior and the week following treatment, unless medically necessary and after discussion with your doctor/nurse.
- Apply a cool compress to the area for 10 minutes every hour on treatment day.
- Apply topical Arnica or Paw Paw cream to the affected area.
- We offer LED treatments for those cases where bruising is severe. $20 for 20 minutes
There may be small lumps, these generally disappear as the PRP integrates into the skin over the days after treatment. Please contact the clinic if they do not disappear.
Rarer side effects have been discussed in the consultation process and are not expected with every treatment.
How long until I see results?
Results from PRP injections can take up to 8-12 weeks to become apparent with a natural increase in collagen and elastin. Results are very subtle and gradual.
A treatment course of 3 – 4 treatments every 4 weeks is recommended to achieve optimal correction and results. Patients may require multiple treatment sessions to obtain their desired aesthetic outcome.
How long do PRP results last?
The results of PRP are long-lasting, but not permanent. Longevity depends on your state of health, smoking status, condition of the skin pre-treatment, indication for treatment and compliance with aftercare. We cannot guarantee the longevity of the results.
Dryness, irritation, or swelling may occur for the first several days after the chemical peel but try not to scrub at the skin. Breakouts or a mild lightening or darkening of the skin may occur within the first week after the chemical peel.
What not to use after a chemical peel?
After a chemical peel, it is important to avoid certain products that can irritate your skin, such as toners, astringents and exfoliants. We recommend using gentle, fragrance-free cleansers and moisturizers, preferably Cera vu or Cetaphil, to help soothe your skin. Avoid Alcohol.
- The quality of BB Glow Treatment depends on post-procedure care. So, follow these aftercare tips for maximum results.
- Don’t wear makeup for at least three days
- Don’t sunbathe
- Don’t use scented skincare products
- No swimming for at least seven days
- Don’t wash your face at least 24 hours after the procedure
- Stay away from spicy food and seafood for at least three days
- Stay away from retinol products for at least eight weeks
- Avoid hot showers and hair dryers for at least 48 hours. You can still shower with room temperature water
Fat Freezing (Cryolipolysis)
For best results, please aim to follow these few key steps:
- Massage, Massage, Massage the Area Post-Treatment
- Maintain your weight
- Eat a healthy diet
- Drink at least 2.5 litres of water to support your lymphatic system
- Reduce your intake of caffeine to no more than 2 cups per day
- Reduce your alcohol intake to 1 or 2 drinks per week
After treatment there may be slight redness and bruising in the in the treated area and generally disappears within a few days.
- The area will feel very cold immediately after treatment but warms up within an hour or so.
- Whilst fat freezing destroys fat cells, it does not remove all the fat cells in the treated area. Therefore, any weight gained between your treatment and your 3–4-week review could negatively affect your results.
- Eat extra fibre to bind toxins excreted in the digestive tract. Follow a low carbohydrate/high protein diet (such as steamed vegetables with fish/chicken/meat and no bread or potatoes diet). This is not mandatory but will optimise results.
- Avoid or limit alcohol to facilitate the liver in the handling of the fat.
- Stay well hydrated by drinking 2.5 litres of water a day for the next week
- Massage the area daily using oil or cream.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the treatment. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your last treatment.
- Depending upon the area to be treated you may need a course of treatments
- Please wear a very TIGHT garment ( similar to a compression garment) over the area till your review appointment with Miami Kiss to assist tightening in the treatment area.
CRYOLYPOLISIS (Fat Freezing) can be combined with HIFU ( V Max) Body or Ultrasound/Radio Frequency skin tightening.
- Fat Freezing Treatments can be carried out every 5-8 weeks.
- We carry out a review at 3-4 weeks, following which you may decide that a further treatment is required to achieve a greater reduction of fat. The same area can be treated multiple times if required but care would be taken so that the area was not over treated.
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this.
Preparing for and Aftercare for Your HIFU Treatment
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound (HIFU) treatments offer people an ideal non-surgical, non-invasive alternative to skin tightening. Using focused ultrasound, the treatment stimulates the production of collagen, helping to firm up areas where wrinkles, dimples and sagging can occur.
HIFU is highly effective, and perfectly safe. It is not essential but following a few guidelines before and after a treatment will help it be most effective.
Day before HIFU treatment
As you approach the day of your treatment ensure that you don’t have any cold sores or fever blisters in the treatment area so that these can be treated quickly with an anti-viral medication. You’ll only be able to undergo HIFU treatment once these have disappeared.
Day of your HIFU treatment
On the day of your treatment, don’t apply any makeup or moisturiser to the treatment area.
It is completely normal for the treated area to feel a bit tender, slightly swollen and flushed or hot to touch. To help ease these minor side effects, treat the area in the following way:
- Do not apply an ice pack as this can reduce the effectiveness of the treatment
- Avoid using tweezers, waxes and depilatory creams until at least 3 days after the treatment
- Avoid hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms and heavy exercise for a couple of days.
- Use only a light exfoliator and moisturiser on the day of the treatment, but after that your normal skin cleansing and care regime can be resumed.
Apply a sunblock with a SPF of at least 30 on the day of the treatment and subsequent days, to avoid irritation from direct exposure to sunlight.
Things to Do Before Thread Lift Treatment
- Smoking must be avoided for at least one week before the procedure as they can dehydrate the skin. It helps in speeding the recovery process and providing the best treatment results.
- Avoid all kinds of alcohol for at least one week before the procedure.
- Avoid consuming omega fish oils, vitamin E, garlic, and other such supplements at least two days before the treatment. It is best to avoid green and ginger teas as well.
- Avoid Aspirin-based products.
- Avoid performing high-intensity exercises and going to a sauna or steam room.
- Ideally have Anti-Wrinkle Injections in the area 2 weeks before treatment to help enhance your results.
Things to Do After Thread Lift Treatment
The treatment has a minimal recovery time, and you can go about your day as usual, however there are some key steps you can do to enhance the recovery and get the best results.
- Restrict facial movements for one day. Make sure to rest for a full day after getting the treatment.
- Try sleeping on your back, rather than sleeping on your side the first night.
- Ice the treated area for a few minutes for around five times during the day for the first week, especially if you are experiencing slight bruising or swelling.
- It is best to avoid aspirins for the next two weeks after the treatment.
- Try keeping your head elevated for a week.
- Don’t pull your facial skin, massage, scrub or exfoliate the skin for at least three weeks. You are also not supposed to wash or touch your face for at least 12 hours.
- Avoid straining or placing pressure on your face as it may result in threads misalignment.
- You can move around wherever you want, but don’t perform any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for three weeks.
- You can take pain killers as required after the procedure. Try consuming them after a meal to avoid any risk of nausea.
- You should not drink a beverage with a straw and focus on drinking liquids for at least a week.
- Consume soft foods for a week.
- Avoid applying makeup or facial cream for at least 48 hours.
- Chewing gum should be avoided for at least two weeks.
- Experiencing slight discomfort in the first two days after the procedure is normal, it will gradually reduce.
- Avoid getting any dental treatment for at least two weeks after getting the PDO thread lift.
- Avoid treatment if you have recently had a vaccine for Covid.
- Follow the care guidelines the practitioner gives you regarding the incision wounds.
- It is recommended that you sleep on your back to prevent any swelling.
There are a few steps you can take prior to your first appointment to ensure you maximise the benefits of your IV injection. Here are 5 tips to prepare for your first appointment.
Hydrate & Snack
- While it seems counterintuitive to hydrate before a therapy whose entire purpose is to provide you with hydration and nutrients, it’s actually very important to drink plenty of water before your first IV injection. When your body is dehydrated your veins contract making it more difficult to receive intravenous therapy.
- Eat a snack — a muesli bar is perfect — before your IV therapy so that your blood sugar levels are stable. Staying hydrated and having something in your stomach before your appointment will help you avoid nausea and light-headedness during and after your session.
- Avoid Vasoconstriction Drugs
If possible, try to avoid taking any over-the-counter antihistamines or decongestants the morning of your appointment. Many of these over-the-counter drugs such as Sudafed PE contain vasoconstriction medications that cause your blood vessels to contract making it difficult to get an IV injection. Because vasoconstriction medications are found in blood pressure medications and other prescriptions, we completely understand if you can’t avoid taking them. If that’s the case, be sure to stay extra hydrated prior to your treatment.
SPIDER VEIN REMOVAL
- Keep treated area dry for 72 hours
- No alcohol 72 hours
- No spicy food 72 hours
- No exercise 72 hours
- Do not scratch or touch the treated area